2018 Installation Gala BASF
(MIAMI, July 14, 2015) – Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, Associated Builders & Contractors and Builders Association of South Florida invite you to join them to discuss how to best engage private industry in addressing workforce development and unemployment in Miami-Dade County at the Employ Miami-Dade Forum Wednesday, July 15 at 8:30 a.m., at the Miami Dade College North Campus, 11380 NW 27 Avenue, in Miami.
WHO: Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez
Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
Builders Association of South Florida
WHAT: Employ Miami-Dade Forum, WHEN: July 15, 2015, 8:30 a.m., WHERE: Miami Dade College, North Campus, Conference Room 3249, 11380 NW 27 Avenue, Miami, Florida 33167
Another hard-fought BASF Legislative Victory…..
Two key building code provisions were about to be implemented – to industry’s detriment. BASF and FHBA, our state association in Tallahassee, and key builder members, worked hard to obtain a much needed one-year delay in two important code provisions:
- The first delay relates to an additional Fire Access elevator, lobby, stair access and other requirements that would have affected any builder of high-rise structures (for any use).
- The second delay is about a new ventilation test, which many builders were unaware of, even after education classes had been offered.
These two Building Code provisions have been DELAYED FOR ONE YEAR so that we can:
- Delve into the engineering and building science basis for adding a second fire service access elevator, lobby area, fire stairs and related space and equipment needs for what could be an unjustified and expensive “over-kill” code idea.
- Confirm that builders are sufficiently educated about the blower door test and ensure there are sufficient trained professionals to conduct these tests.
- These provisions were ready to be implemented in the June 30th, 5th Edition but we got the delay in the nick of time…..”
Unncessary buildng code requirement? Really expensive…..Your BASF Membership today? Priceless!
Tuesday’s Afternoon Update
What you need to know about Florida today
Home prices accelerated in October
U.S. home prices rose at a faster year-over-year pace in October than in September, snapping a seven-month slowdown. Still, home values are rising more slowly than they were earlier this year, when 12-month gains were averaging nearly double their current pace. More at the AP.
After the dust settled last night on the Primary Elections, BASF Chapter’s Endorsed candidates did very well!. At the Miami-Dade County Commission, sitting inucmbent Lynda Bell lost her hard-fought reelection battle to newcomer, Daniella Levine Cava. A short list of the winners are below and we look forward to working with these and other elected officials to help Miami-Dade progress…..
- Miami-Dade County Commissioners:
- Jean Monestime (District 2);
- Newcomer Daniella Levine Caba (District 8) ;
- Javier Souto (Districft 10) and
- Jose “Pepe” Diaz (District 12).
- Florida House of Representatives:
- District 111 Mr. Bryan Avila (R ) and
- District 100 Mr. Joseph Geller (D)
Congratulations to all winners…..and now, onto the November 4th Primary. Big Dogs will be Governor’s Race and South Florida Congressional Districts in play…..stay tuned!
BASF Chapter is all about helping our members get their projects moving forward….and that means supporting elected leaders that understand your business. Tomorrow is Primary Day: Get Out To Vote! And, vote for the candidates that support your industry! Check out our PAC-Endosements on the Government Affairs tab……
At BASF’s November Miami-Dade Legislative Committee, Members heard a special presentation – for BASF Members Only – about the MAJOR CHANGES to Miami-Dade utility approvals.
See attached powerpoint for synopsis. BASF will be scheduling in-depth MEMBERS ONLY Workshop with the County experts, so you can ask all your questions – and learn from the experts! WASD-Consent-Dec-Short-PPT-11-16-13
Looking for something more? Become a BASF Trustee or Join the Chairman’s Circle. Here’s why…
The Trustee Level, Chairman’s Circle and Platinum Level memberships have been specifically tailored for those members who want more personalized events, as well as additional exposure and services in addition to their standard BASF Membership.
- Follow Us: